Recently, we have been redesigning our requirements blog here at Seilevel. Part of this effort was to write bio’s about ourselves and what we like to write about. There are a few fun things in the bio’s as well, like answering a couple questions about ourselves.
One question was “what is your favorite movie line”. I thought this was a silly question, as I could never pin one movie line as my favorite. It’s like asking what my favorite movie, song, lyric, book, or character is…I favor multiple for different reasons. So in this post, I decided to have a little fun with this question.
Here is the game: I’m going to state some of my favorite movie lines, replace some words with words that are related to product management, and we’ll see who can correctly guess the line and movie it’s from (one point for each). I’ll post the answers some time down the line, and the winner will get a virtual fist bump from me for having a good memory and taste in movies. If you’re reading this, you probably have access to the internet. Let us please use the honor system.
*Note: I was having way too much fun with this and enlisted the help of some of my colleagues. Thanks to Alex March, Megan Jackson, and Candase Hokanson
Without further ado…
- The stakeholder abides.
- I’m glad we were here together in our company’s project Jenny.
- Do you like meetings? Well I got her number…how do you like them meetings?
- You cannot defect! I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, Flame of Udun! Go back to the shadow. You shall not defect!
- But, now you come to me, and you say: “PM, give me justice.” But you don’t ask with respect. You don’t offer friendship. You don’t even think to call me Sir. Instead, you come into my house on the day my project is to be launched.
- The change request never bothered me anyway.
- Did you think I’d be too waterfall to know what a eugoogly was?
- But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a dream for projects like yours.
- I’m pretty sure there’s a lot more to life than having a really, really, ridiculously good backlog. And I plan on finding out what that is.
- It’s a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the stakeholder’s heart
- To sprint zero…and beyond!
- I’m not even suppose to release today!
- The greatest trick the feature ever pulled was convincing the product owner he did not exist
- Yeah, well, you know, that’s just like, your opinion development.
- But you know, happiness can be found even in the darkest of projects, when one only remembers to turn on the light.
- But I was going into marketing to pick up some power converters!
- I love requirements. Requirementsy requirements requirements. Here they go down, down into my belly.
- May the timeline be with you