Requirements Core Concepts (previously Requirements 101) provides beginning and intermediate business analysts a solid foundation in requirements best practices. This course also helps experienced business analysis teams level-set across an organization on requirements terminology and concepts. This course is often used as the first step in maturing a business analyst organization or building a business analysis center of excellence.
Certified by both IIBA and PMI, this course teaches students to tie their requirements to the desired business value, thereby delivering more successful projects. We do this by helping students recognize the different types of requirements they need to create and teaching skills to write them. We also give an introduction to techniques for elicitation, scope management, requirements models, and requirements review.
Unique Instructional Strategy
Taught by Seilevel’s expert business analysts, the course is packed with stories from their projects to put the concepts in context for the audience. The instructors use a proven game-based approach to training to create an interactive experience for students to learn the materials.
- Writing business objectives
- The value of requirements models
- Effective methods of gathering requirements
- Subject matter preparation
- Requirements meeting planning
- Facilitating requirements meetings
- Interviewing users to find requirements
- Writing requirements: how to write clear requirements
- Reviewing requirements documentation
- Analyzing requirements: how to measure the quality of requirements
- Powerful techniques for managing requirements
- One full day of requirements training
- Breakfast and lunch
- A free copy of Visual Models for Software Requirements, published by Microsoft Press
- A hard copy of the course materials
- A laminated copy of Seilevel’s cheat sheet to take to their requirements sessions: Tools for Requirements Gathering Sessions
- A Certificate of Completion
Cities, Dates, and Registration Links
Public courses will be held in these cities on the dates below. Click on the course link to register!
|Date||Location||Course (Click to Register)|
|6/18/2013 - 6/20/2013||ONLINE - NEW!||Requirements Core Concepts|
|Summer 2013||Austin||Requirements Core Concepts|
|Summer 2013||Austin||Elicitation and Facilitation|
|08/27/2013||Atlanta||Requirements Core Concepts|
|08/29/2013||Atlanta||Elicitation and Facilitation|
|12/10/2013||Boston||Requirements Core Concepts|
|12/12/2013||Boston||Elicitation and Facilitation|
|2/4/13||Des Moines||Requirements Core Concepts|
|2/6/13||Des Moines||Elicitation and Facilitation|
|3/19/13||Los Angeles||Requirements Core Concepts|
|3/21/13||Los Angeles||Elicitation and Facilitation|
|5/21/13||Chicago||Requirements Core Concepts|
|5/23/13||Chicago||Elicitation and Facilitation|
|6/4/2013||Austin||Requirements Core Concepts|
|6/6/2013||Austin||Elicitation and Facilitation|
Once you’ve registered, you’ll receive a “thank you” email confirming your registration, as well as details about course sites, logistics, and our cancellation policies. To view our cancellation and refund policies, you can click here.