This course provides intermediate and advanced business analysts, project managers, and product managers an incredibly powerful addition to their skill set through requirements visualization. As an extension of Requirements Core Concepts, it dives deeper into requirements models and when to use them. Visual models help you organize large amounts of complex information to identify gaps in the requirements and out of scope requirements. Understanding how to select models provides you with the ability to communicate with any audience – customers, developers, product managers, and senior management. You will learn to use models together to ensure requirements are complete and consistent.
Taught by Seilevel’s expert practitioners (we wrote the book on visual software requirements models), this course incorporates breakthrough techniques using games to create an interactive learning environment. You will practice creating, selecting, and relating models using our unique approach to training. By fully engaging with our practical exercises, you will acquire the skills to communicate the intricacies of your business needs.
The course is both IIBA-certified and PMI-certified, and provides credits towards certification from both organizations.
What You’ll Learn
- How to create requirements models (from a language called RML®) to organize complex information rather than using only thousands of “system shall” statements
- How to employ 15 different types of RML models, including models like Process Flows, Ecosystem Maps, Report Tables, Business Data Diagrams, Display Action Response models, and Feature Trees
- How proper use of models allows you to ensure the completeness of your requirements
- How to select the right model for the right audience and situation
- How different types of models related to each other
- How to use models together to create a complete understanding of the system
- How to integrate models with any development methodology – from waterfall to agile
- One full day of requirements training
- Breakfast and lunch
- A free copy of Visual Models for Software Requirements, published by Microsoft Press
- A hard copy of the course materials
- A laminated Visual Models Quick Reference and Business Objectives Card
- A Certificate of Completion
Cities, Dates, and Registration Links
Public courses will be held in these cities on the dates below. Click on the course link to register!
|Dates||City||Course (Click to Register)|
|5/21/13||Chicago||Requirements Core Concepts|
|5/23/13||Chicago||Elicitation and Facilitation|
|5/21/13-5/23/13||Chicago||All 3 Requirements Classes Bundle Package|
|6/4/2013||Dallas||Requirements Core Concepts|
|6/6/2013||Dallas||Elicitation and Facilitation|
|6/4/2013 - 6/6/2013||Dallas||All 3 Requirements Classes Bundle Package|
|2/4/13||Des Moines||Requirements Core Concepts|
|2/6/13||Des Moines||Elicitation and Facilitation|
|3/19/13||Los Angeles||Requirements Core Concepts|
|3/21/13||Los Angeles||Elicitation and Facilitation|
Once you’ve registered, you’ll receive a “thank you” email confirming your registration, as well as details about course sites, logistics, and our cancellation policies. To view our cancellation and refund policies, you can click here.