This is an advanced level course which builds on the knowledge and experience a business analyst will have obtained after some years in the role. It takes the professional analyst to the next level in terms of delivering effective and realistic solutions to real business problems.
Covering important management and leadership aspects of the analysis role, with a focus on value added approaches to the delivery of business systems, this course is a significant building block on the analyst’s career path from practitioner to expert.
This course is endorsed by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) and is aligned with the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK®).
This course will contribute 21 CDU’s (Continuing Development Units) towards your Certificate of Competency in Business Analysis™ (CCBA™) or Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP®) certification requirements.
- Senior Business Analysts with at least three years experiencing wishing to further their training
- Project Managers responsible for managing and leading the analysis activities in their organization
- Managers or Team Leaders who lead teams of business analysts
As an advanced level course, basic concepts of analysis such as data modeling and requirements elicitation are NOT covered. Participants are expected to have an understanding of the business analysis role and significant real-world experience in the area.
Participants must have at least three years’ experience in a business analysis role and must have attended either Software Education’s Business Systems Analysis course or received equivalent formal training in this area. If you are unsure about your eligibility please contact us to discuss your attendance with the course director.
Prior to attending the course, participants should plan on spending at least four hours of preparation time reading the supplied reading materials.
- Understand the communication, facilitation and change leadership responsibilities of the business analyst role
- Creatively influence and lead the delivery of new systems in their organizations
- Build effective financial justifications and feasibility studies for delivery of new systems
- Understand why analyst input is key to delivering strategic value to the organization through system implementations
- Understand the key differences between business analysis and enterprise analysis.
- Enterprise Analysis in the context of the BABOK®
- The Analyst as Leader
- The Crossover between Business Analysis and Project Management
- The Business Analyst as Change Agent
- Strategy and Creativity in Analysis
- Enterprise Architecture and the Analyst
- Dealing with Vendors, RFPs, RFIs, COTS
- Intersecting with Project Governance
- Financial Justification and Feasibility Studies